Click here to listen to my voice (wait a moment while I load it for you)
Current photo June 2006
About John Bligh Nutting
PLEASE NOTE - UNTIL I MOVE INTO MY NEW CONSULTING ROOMS (EXPECTED OPENING OCTOBER 2006) I AM NOT ABLE TO OFFER SERVICES FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING A RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLOR OR PSYCHOTHERAPIST
I AM HOWEVER STILL CONDUCTING TRAINING (FOR GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS) IN GROWING SELF AWARENESS, RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING, MAKING CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND OVERCOMING CHANGE BLOCKAGES - THE GREATER YOUR INTEREST IN THIS KIND OF TRAINING, AND YOUR OWN PERSONAL GROWTH AND SELF AWARENESS, THE MORE I WOULD BE HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU NOW
1. A wide range of counselling techniques, specifically developed for use with repetitive patterns and self-esteem issues and tailored to suit each clients individual needs.
2. Inner Self dialogue (Classic VOICE DIALOGUE) the outstandingly successful process developed by Dr Hal Stone and Dr Sidra Stone for working through inner conflict and re-empowering the client and recommended by Michael Rowland
3. Inner Child and Core Belief balancing including anger and shame reduction. These widely recognised treatments were developed in the USA by Pia Melody, Dr John Bradshaw and other therapists including Dr. Nicky Nemerouf They have an extremely high success rate
4. EMDR (Desensitising stress using body rhythm). This non-hypnotic treatment is rapidly becoming recognised as a valid, functional and effective method to help with excessive stress related to past trauma. Accredited Training program completed February 1997
5. Visualisation processes that enable clients to make significant changes in their life.
PLEASE NOTE: JOHN NUTTING DOES NOT TREAT OR PROVIDE ANY THERAPY FOR ANY CLINICAL OR DIAGNOSABLE MEDICAL OR PSYCHIATRIC CONDITION
PERSONAL NOTES: Current photo June 2004
I am 70 years old. (I don't think like it, don't feel like it, don't act like it.) Birthday 21 March. I am a grandfather with three grandchildren Tennessee Marilyn and Erinna. I am trying to retire from lecturing but my pusher keeps putting temptations in my way. Another self, I think it's the 'take it easy' one has managed to get me into a 4-wheel drive Land Rover Discovery with which I and my selves are trying to escape from Brisbane more often, much to the pusher's disgust.
I like classical music (and 40s and 50s Broadway musical numbers) when I am in my study writing and traditional country and western and classic jazz when I am driving.
I am a direct descendant of Captain William Bligh (Mutiny on the Bounty). Bligh later became the fourth Governor of the NSW Colony in Australia where he got himself another mutiny (the Rum Rebellion). Our family have some very interesting selves handed down from generation to generation including a 'Captain Bligh self'. On the other hand I also have a strong mutineer- rebel self as my opposite.
I have always had trouble with an overly strong pusher, a rational mind, a knower or three and a 'gotta make it work self' as well, all of whom are great for writing books and setting up websites, not so good for feeling or being, so that is still my biggest challenge, but I'm getting there. Ten years ago had a totally unexpected heart attack and finished up with a major bypass op. (No family history, no high cholesterol, not overweight, not a smoker - guess that it had to be pusher related). Gradually learning to take it easier, stop and smell the roses, exercise more better diet. My heart is now in better condition than it has been in years.
My unbalanced core beliefs are that I am of no value unless I am working, and that I can't make anything work. My compensating skills include helping everyone else to feel valuable and helping everyone else to get things to work. (What a combination for a relationship counsellor!)
My primary addiction is workaholism but I am somewhere in recovery. I am dedicated to working the Twelve Steps to maintain my recovery (when I should be going to a meeting I'm often too busy helping others!)
I love you all
You can tell/see I am very proud of them and their outlook on life. They are not so happy with my meat eating and my slightly less green attitudes and constantly seek to re-educate me.
My dog is an Australian Blue Heeler named "Captain Bligh"
RETURN TO GROWING AWARENESS HOME PAGE
My most recent travels with map of Australia overlayed on map of USA showing comparative size, distances and areas.